Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I was bored today so I wrote you a poem !

Poem Number 21

I have tried to escape your smile. I have tried to run from you.
But in the silence of the night I have confessed that my heart belongs to you.
You have broken every rule. You have bent my entire world.
My desires have surrendered to an enemy that I don’t have. 
Why is it impossible to run away?
How can I be addicted to something that I have never had?
How can I want something that I have never tasted?
I am following the shadows of the big trees of the North.
Those mysterious lands that forge your soul hold the secrets of my happiness.
Your eyes show your heart so clearly; your voice speaks a truth that sounds so sweet.
You have no plans, you are free in all your doings, but your life is in order.
And the path before your eyes shines because of them.
I don’t know how you are, but I love the way you live.
You don’t know the crazy dreams of my life.
But daily, you unfold the secret wishes of my heart.
I want to scream your name in every country and in every land.
I want the world to know your name. I want the world to feel your warmth.
Beyond your comprehension I lay in darkness waiting for a spark to shine on me.
Hoping you may see that I am not the monster in which I used to hide my soul.
I might never hold your hand; I might never touch your lips.
I might never say goodbye; you might never know it is you.
But in my desolated night I will always look up.
And the stars in the sky, like the freckles on your face, will help my mind remember.
Oh, those calm ocean days, and the music as you drove.
The crazy way you danced, the fires that we saw, your smile and those around following the action.
But more than anything, I will remember the crucial moment 
When I dove in to your eyes, when I tripped right in to your soul.
I will remember the day I lost my will, the day I found my love.

6 comments:

  1. This poem reminds me of a distant place, a place you would love to visit. A land where people can only dream of visiting, the unclaimed land of the Asian Countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some how I love Emerson's comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a way with words. son of a gun. i envy your skills young man. im glad you wrote poems! do you still write them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I do ! I wrote that yesterday ! I ll post some more soon !

    no need to envy, you are pretty good yourself !

    ReplyDelete